INMATES need to have someone on the outside that has a POWER OF ATTORNEY concerning them should something happen…this is IMPORTANT and as of this date of 2021 TDCJ requires a HIPPA Form assigned to the person the Inmate allows to have his or her medical information; this has to be updated every six (6) month. Free General Power of Attorney are available on the internet.
DOCUMENT DISCLAIMER COVER PAGE
The following pages contain a document that was originally created in the Interview of Family Lawyer.
This document was created in the Interview in the proper format and with the language necessary to ensure its validity when all of the required information has been entered completely.
It should be understood that any changes made to the content, appearance, or layout of the original document outside of the Interview have been made at the risk of affecting the validity of the document.
Riverdeep cannot be responsible for the consequences of changes you have made to this document. Furthermore, Riverdeep is not in a position to provide answers to questions regarding any changes to this document. It is strongly recommended that you seek the advice of a lawyer for information about the validity and the consequences of any changes you have made to this document.
GENERAL POWER OF ATTORNEY
I, ___________________________________, residing at _________________________, _________________________, Texas __________, hereby appoint ___________________________________ of _________________________, _________________________, _________________________ __________, as my attorney-in-fact (“Agent”) to exercise the powers and discretions described below.
I hereby revoke any and all general powers of attorney and special powers of attorney that previously have been signed by me. However, the preceding sentence shall not have the effect of revoking any powers of attorney that are directly related to my health care that previously have been signed by me.
My Agent shall have full power and authority to act on my behalf. This power and authority shall authorize my Agent to manage and conduct all of my affairs and to exercise all of my legal rights and powers, including all rights and powers that I may acquire in the future. My Agent’s powers shall include, but not be limited to, the power to:
b. Perform any act necessary to deposit, negotiate, sell or transfer any note, security, or draft of the United States of America, including U.S. Treasury Securities.
c. Have access to any safe deposit box that I might own, including its contents.
3. Purchase and/or maintain insurance and annuity contracts, including life insurance upon my life or the life of any other appropriate person.
4. Take any and all legal steps necessary to collect any amount or debt owed to me, or to settle any claim, whether made against me or asserted on my behalf against any other person or entity.
5. Enter into binding contracts on my behalf.
6. Exercise all stock rights on my behalf as my proxy, including all rights with respect to stocks, bonds, debentures, commodities, options or other investments.
7. Maintain and/or operate any business that I may own.
8. Employ professional and business assistance as may be appropriate, including attorneys, accountants, and real estate agents.
9. Sell, convey, lease, mortgage, manage, insure, improve, repair, or perform any other act with respect to any of my property (now owned or later acquired) including, but not limited to, real estate and real estate rights (including the right to remove tenants and to recover possession). This includes the right to sell or encumber my homestead legally described as:
10. Prepare, sign, and file documents with any governmental body or agency, including, but not limited to, authorization to:
b. Obtain information or documents from any government or its agencies, and represent me in all tax matters, including the authority to negotiate, compromise, or settle any matter with such government or agency.
c. Prepare applications, provide information, and perform any other act reasonably requested by any government or its agencies in connection with governmental benefits (including medical, military and social security benefits), and to appoint anyone, including my Agent, to act as my “Representative Payee” for the purpose of receiving Social Security benefits.
12. Subject to other provisions of this document, disclaim any interest which might otherwise be transferred or distributed to me from any other person, estate, trust, or other entity, as may be appropriate. However, my Agent may not disclaim assets to which I would be entitled, if the result is that the disclaimed assets pass directly or indirectly to my Agent or my Agent’s estate.
This Power of Attorney shall be construed broadly as a General Power of Attorney. The listing of specific powers is not intended to limit or restrict the general powers granted in this Power of Attorney in any manner.
Any power or authority granted to my Agent under this document shall be limited to the extent necessary to prevent this Power of Attorney from causing: (i) my income to be taxable to my Agent, (ii) my assets to be subject to a general power of appointment by my Agent, or (iii) my Agent to have any incidents of ownership with respect to any life insurance policies that I may own on the life of my Agent.
My Agent shall not be liable for any loss that results from a judgment error that was made in good faith. However, my Agent shall be liable for willful misconduct or the failure to act in good faith while acting under the authority of this Power of Attorney. A successor Agent shall not be liable for acts of a prior Agent.
No person who relies in good faith on the authority of my Agent under this instrument shall incur any liability to me, my estate or my personal representative. I authorize my Agent to indemnify and hold harmless any third party who accepts and acts under this document.
If any part of any provision of this instrument shall be invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, such part shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity only, without in any way affecting the remaining parts of such provision or the remaining provisions of this instrument.
My Agent shall be entitled to reasonable compensation for any services provided as my Agent. My Agent shall be entitled to reimbursement of all reasonable expenses incurred as a result of carrying out any provision of this Power of Attorney.
My Agent shall provide an accounting for all funds handled and all acts performed as my Agent, but only if I so request or if such a request is made by any authorized personal representative or fiduciary acting on my behalf.
This Power of Attorney shall become effective immediately, and shall not be affected by my disability or lack of mental competence, except as may be provided otherwise by an applicable state statute. This is a Durable Power of Attorney. This Power of Attorney shall continue effective until my death. This Power of Attorney may be revoked by me at any time by providing written notice to my Agent.
Dated ____________________, ______, at _________________________, Texas.
STATE OF TEXAS, COUNTY OF _________________________, ss:
This instrument was acknowledged before me on this _____ day of ____________________, ______ by ___________________________________. _________________________________NotaryPublic__________________________ My commission expires _____________
Final Checklist for General Power of Attorney
June 23, 2004
Make It Legal
_____ You should retain a copy of the Power of Attorney document for your files.
* A change in your level of trust in the Agent.
* The death or incapacity of the Agent.
* A desire to change the powers granted to the Agent.